Familyrelatives.com is a great way to upload, store and share photos securely with family and friends. It’s quick, its easy and only takes a minute.
Click on Photos in the top Menu bar and an easy to use wizard appears.
1. Click on Create Album
2. Enter an Album Name
3. Enter a description (which is optional)
4. Note there is a pull down Album Visible to which allows you to share the album – but we come to that later
5. Click on Save and Update and you have created your first album
6. On the left hand side you can see the Album Name, and the number of photos in the album. In this case there are none at present
7. So we go ahead and upload some photos from your computer although if you have photos on Facebook you can easily import your photos from there
8. Click on Upload new Photos in the menu
9. In 3 easy steps you can upload your photos
Step 1 – Select the Album into which you want to upload photos
Step 2 – Select the photos you want to upload
Step 3 – Click Start and watch the progress bars as the photos upload
Some photos will take slightly longer than others to upload because of their size
10. You will see two progress bars. The top one shows the progress of the photo currently being uploaded. The bottom progress bar shows overall progress
11. Once the bottom one reaches 100% press Continue
12. You can see now that we are back to the familiar page
13. Click on the Album on the left to view thumbnail of the images (in the photo album)
From here you can click and give your photos a title or even edit a title
You can move photos around from one album to another by simply selecting the photos (click just under the thumbnail) you want to move and dragging and dropping them into the album of your choice.
You can copy photos to another album by simply selecting (click just under the thumbnail) the photos you want to copy - Select Options Menu and in the pull down you will see copy to another Album.
You can also set a photo to be the cover for your album.
14. You will also see that you can Edit an album or Delete one by selecting this function.
For example if you chose to share your Album you cand do this in two ways.
1) You can email them the album or 2) You can share the album in your profile with Family & Friends. The difference is that if you share an album in your Profile they can take advantage of all the other great features on Familyrelatives such as the calendar, family tree, comment on photos, tag people and so much more.
For option 1 - Simply select the photos you want to email - select Share Photos from the Options menu
Then the following pop-up appears and you can enter the intended recipient.
Option 2 - you share an album with who you want securely. You do this by simply setting the permission either when creating an album or you can edit an album permission
The album will appear automatically in your Profile to those people with whom you have shared
15. You also have the standard elements of any Album – for example here on the top right you can see the pagination and the number of pages you have.
16. You can also sort your photos by common elements like Newest, Olders, Title, First and Last. So its very easy to use.
17. Now click on a thumbnail and it opens the photo with a useful thumbnail bar at the bottom which allows you to quickly scroll or jump to the photo you want.
18. Here on the right you have photo details which when you click it show information about your photo. All the usual items like Title, date, where, and categories.
19. Also it allows people with whom you have shared your album to participate and comment on your photos.
20 You can hide the comments again by simply clicking on the same blue details – it’s a toggle
21. You can then tag friends and family by clicking Add tag and then drawing around the area you want to tag.
If you already have family and friends in Familyrelatives.com their name will appear automatically and you can select them. If not just add a new name.
22 The tag then appears below the photo
23. and also on the left hand under People in the Album which helps you see who and how often they are in the current album and just below it in all albums.
24. If you want to search photos you can click on Search photos and search by date, keyword, region etc which are all useful features.